3-year Postdoctoral Advanced Fellowship in Biomedical Imaging @VioBio_Lab 2014 Call
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab (http://www.vision.csic.es) seeks candidates for a 3-year Advanced Fellowship Application in Biomedical Imaging to develop projects of excellence/innovation in the area of ocular imaging (OCT and Advanced Microscopy) and Vision Correction
The Advanced Fellowship
*The Advanced Fellowship is partially funded by the European Commission (FP7-PEOPLE-2011-COFUND, Grant Agreement 291820, MVISION), Consejería de Educación Juventud y Deporte, Fundación para el Conocimiento Madrid+d and VIOBIO Laboratory Funds, and it is part of the Madrid-MIT M+Vision Consortium
- First year Fellowship: € 43,000 + € 2,300 as an academic stipend +€3,300 as travel funds
- Second + Third year contract: € 65,000 (including Social Security obligations) + € 2,300 academic stipend + € 3,300 as travel funds.
* The successful applicant will work on development and applications of imaging techniques in the anterior segment of the eye, dynamic wavefront sensing or adaptive optics. Applications range from understanding the basic ocular mechanisms to the evaluation and new designs of alternatives for vision correction.
Foreseen Fellowship Starting date: December 1, 2014
- Eligible candidates are international or Spanish citizens that have not resided in Spain for more than one year in the previous three years.
- Must hold a PhD degree and an excellent background
- Experience in Biomedical Imaging, with strong motivation for multidisciplinary research in the field of ophthalmic and ocular biology applications
- Must be fluent in English
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab, led by Prof. Susana Marcos, provides a young and dynamic research environment. The laboratory is funded primarily by European grants (ERC Advanced Grant), national programs and holds excellent collaborative programs with top international laboratories, clinical institutes and industry. The Lab is part of the Spanish Visual Optics Network, EU OPAL Marie Curie ITN Research of Excellence, MIT M+Vision Consortium, among others. The Institute of Optics (CSIC) is the earliest research institute in Optics in Spain, and holds an excellent reputation of research in optics, particularly in Visual Optics. CSIC (www.csic.es) is the National Center for Research in Spain, and the most important multidisciplinary research facility in the country, and amongst the highest ranked in Europe.
Full information regarding VIOBIO Lab activities: http://www.vision.csic.es
- Applicants should send Expressions of Interest to the VIOBIO Lab Project Management Unit at: email@example.com before May 11, 2014* and should include CV, research interests and names of three references,
- Pre-selected candidates will proceed with the full application procedure, which requires a cover letter, CV, a research proposal and responses to 3 essay questions, passport copy, academic transcripts, PhD certificate and residence certificate (last 3 years). Letters of Recommendations will be requested at this state.
- Application website: https://app.hobsons.co.uk/?id=madrid-mit
*Final application deadline: May 21, 2014 ——-
Susana Marcos Professor of Research Head of Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab