Join us !
Research Associate (Biomedical Image Processing)
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Laboratory (Institute of Optics, CSIC, Madrid), a leading laboratory in the field of ocular imaging at national and international levels, is seeking a Research Associate with an expertise in Biomedical Image Processing for applications in Ocular Imaging, in the context of an awarded ERC Advanced Grant.
The role as a Research Associate in Biomedical Image Processing will be:
(1) Develop image processing routines for image restoration, shape reconstruction and quantification.
(2) Develop routines for image acquisition and instrument calibration.
(3) Optimize and document the performance of the algorithms.
(4) Interact with optical engineers, instrument developers, and clinicians.
(5) Development and set up of new imaging-based diagnostic tools.
Qualifications, knowledge & experience:
(1) Demonstrated experience in Image Processing in a research environment.
(2) Excellent programming experience.
(3) Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
A PhD degree in Image Processing, and/or previous experience in instrument development, biomedical imaging and optical simulations, will be considered a plus.
Personal skills & attributes:
(1) Dynamic person with a demonstrated capacity of team work.
(2) Strong communication and organizational skills.
(3) Previous experience in multidisciplinary environments.
(4) Proactive, flexible and problem-solving attitude.
(5) Strong experimental and analytical skills.
(6) Team Player and ability to work independently.
(1) The successful applicant will join a team of young and dynamic international scientists based in Madrid
(2) High international impact in the fields of optics and biophotonics, and multidisciplinary approach to applications in ophthalmology.
(3) Excellent multidisciplinary network of research and innovation, with collaborations with top international centers, clinic and industry.
(4) Enriching environment with excellent opportunities for career development.
(1) Salary will be commensurate with experience. Wage includes social security and institutional benefits.
(2) Potential starting date: September 2014.
(3) Duration: Initial 1-year contract (or longer, depending on experience and skills), with the possibility of yearly renewal, with possible significant wage increase, based on achievements.
Please submit your application electronically, including cover letter, CV and list of references to: email@example.com
Please indicate reference: ERC-Biomedical Image Processing. Applications deadline: July 31st
Euroaxess ref.: http://ec.europa.eu/euraxess/index.cfm/jobs/jobDetails/33927840
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab
The Visual Optics and Biophotonics Lab, led by Prof. Susana Marcos, provides a young and dynamic research environment. The laboratory is funded primarily by European grants (ERC Advanced Grant), national programs and holds excellent collaborative programs with top international laboratories, clinical institutes and industry. The Lab is part of the Spanish Visual Optics Network, EU OPAL Marie Curie ITN Research of Excellence, MIT M+Vision Consortium, among others. The Institute of Optics (CSIC) is the earliest research institute in Optics in Spain, and holds an excellent reputation of research in optics, particularly in Visual Optics. CSIC (www.csic.es) is the National Center for Research in Spain, and the most important multidisciplinary research facility in the country, and amongst the highest ranked in Europe.
Full information regarding VIOBIO Lab activities: www.vision.csic.es